- April 1, 2019
7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Note: we are having to reschedule this session. At the moment, the date is to be determined.
Just as people are trained in CPR and the Heimlich Maneuver to help save thousands of lives each year, people are trained in QPR to save a life from a death by suicide. QPR stands for Question Persuade Refer and teaches someone how to recognize the warning signs of a suicide crisis, how to question, persuade, and refer someone to help.
KEY COMPONENTS COVERED IN TRAINING:
- How to Question, Persuade and Refer someone who may be suicidal
- How to get help for yourself or learn more about preventing suicide
- The common causes of suicidal behavior
- The warning signs of suicide
- How to get help for someone in crisis
For more information about this evidence based practice go to https://qprinstitute.com/
Cost: FREE for all Howard County Residents & Employees
For questions: Contact Amanda at email@example.com
*Registration is strongly encouraged