- SafeTALK Training
March 7, 2019
1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
SafeTALK is a half-day, alertness training that prepares anyone 15 or older, regardless of prior experience or training, to become a suicide-alert helper. Most people with thoughts of suicide don’t truly want to die, but are struggling with the pain in their lives. Through their words and actions, they invite help to stay alive. safeTALK-trained helpers can recognize these invitations and take action by connecting them with life-saving intervention resources, such as caregivers trained in ASIST.
Learning goals and objectives
Over the course of their training, safeTALK participants will learn to:
- Notice and respond to situations where suicide thoughts might be present
- Recognize that invitations for help are often overlooked
- Move beyond the common tendency to miss, dismiss, and avoid suicide
- Apply the TALK steps: Tell, Ask, Listen, and KeepSafe
- Know community resources and how to connect someone with thoughts of suicide to them for further help
When: March 7th from 1PM-5PM.
Where: Grassroots Crisis Intervention Center
6700 Freetown Rd Columbia MD 21044
Cost: FREE for all Howard County Residents & Employee’s
For questions: Email Amanda at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about this training: Visit https://www.livingworks.net/programs/safetalk/
Click here to download the info sheet on SafeTalk.