- September 9, 2016
11:30 am - 4:00 pm
7th Annual Suicide Prevention Symposium
11:30AM Registration &Lunch
12:00-1:30PM Diversity in Suicide Prevention: A Panel Discussion
1:45-2:45 Suicide & Older Adults
3:00-4:00PM Survivors of Suicide Loss: A Panel Discussion
- Increase awareness of suicide as a public health issue by gaining new knowledge in the field of suicide prevention.
- Enhance understanding about diverse populations & Suicide; including African Americans, Veterans & the LGBT communities.
- Increase knowledge of older adult issues and suicide.
- Gain knowledge into what it is like to be a survivor of suicide through their experiences following the loss of a loved one.
- Networking opportunities with other mental health practitioners in attendance.
- Audience participation & questions encouraged.
- $25 which includes 3.5 Category 1 CEUs for Social Workers & light lunch
- Registration Required.
Robinson’s Nature Center, Auditorium
6692 Cedar Lane | Columbia, MD 21044
For additional information please contact Amanda at Amanda@grassrootscrisis.org