Grassroots Volunteer Opportunities
Please note all volunteers are required to show proof of COVID vaccinations at both locations. Proof of flu vaccinations may also be required for certain positions.
Following are openings for high school students 15- 18 years:
Children’s Outdoor Summer Activities Assistant – 2 to 4 positions based on availability
- Dates: June 20-August 11, 2022
- Days: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday weather permitting.
- Time: 12:45-4:15pm
- This is an outdoor camp, if it rains activities will be canceled.
- Engaging individual or small group of toddlers in recreational and arts & crafts activities
- Organizing individual or small group games for kids ages 9-15
- Proof of COVID vaccination
- A COVID parent permission form must be signed before starting.
- A Zoom orientation will be provided prior to the start of the program.
- These positions are eligible for service hours.
- Welcome visitors
- Hand intake forms to clients
- Accept donations
- Answer the phone
- Help with administrative tasks such as mailings and special projects.
- Thursday 1pm-3pm
For questions or more information please contact Monteith Mitchell, Volunteer Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (410) 531.6006. If you are interested in a position please fill out an application at https://www.volgistics.com/ex/portal.dll/ap?AP=1806720484&OR=1 and you will be contacted regarding an interview.
Location: Day Resource Center, 10390 Guilford Road, Jessup 20794
Following are openings for individuals 18 years and over, must show proof of COVID vaccination:
Positions: shower, laundry, and pantry areas
- Mondays & Wednesdays, 1:45-6pm
- Saturdays, 9:45a-2pm
We prefer volunteers to be available every week but we can be flexible. This opportunity is perfect for college students home for the summer, recent high school grads, teachers on summer break, retirees. If you or someone you know may be interested, please contact Kathy at email@example.com.