2023 Holiday Gift Card Giving Community Guide
INFORMATION FOR DONORS
Many thanks to our Howard County residents, groups, schools, businesses, and faith congregations who help support community families and individuals in need through our Holiday Gift Card Giving Program. The feedback we’ve received from donors and recipients individually and through our survey has been positive, and those receiving the gift cards have conveyed gratitude for the ability to purchase specific items to meet their unique needs.
Please consider joining with us to help those struggling with financial and food challenges this holiday season by donating gift cards for distribution to eligible participants in our community.
- Gift cards in $25 or $50 amounts from Walmart, Target and Amazon (physical cards only, no digital cards) would allow individuals to select toys, clothing and other items for their families.
- Gift cards of $25 or $50 from Giant Food, Safeway, Aldi or Lidl would help purchase food or prescription medication.
- In order to allocate these gifts in a timely manner to our community residents we are asking for the cards to be delivered to our location at 6700 Freetown Road, Columbia 21044 by Friday, December 1, 2023.
- In addition, we can also use gift cards for gas stations throughout the year to assist community members with transportation needs.
For more information and to coordinate gift card deliveries, please contact Monteith Mitchell, Volunteer Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (410) 531-6006.
INFORMATION FOR RECIPIENTS
This holiday season we will again offer gift cards to individuals and families needing assistance. Our plan is to provide a retail card and a grocery card. However, the number of gift cards available will depend on the amount of donations received.
- Signups for holiday assistance will begin at 10 a.m. on Monday, November 27 and continue through Friday, Dec. 1 or until all the spots are filled. To register contact Monteith Mitchell at (410) 531-6006 or email@example.com. Cards will be distributed Thursday, Dec. 7 through Saturday, Dec. 9 based on assigned times.